Wednesday, May 06, 2009

It's my UN-Birthday.....no wait.....it's my birthday!!!

As you are probably aware from my daily blog, yesterday, May 5, was my third birthday.....Mommy and Daddy celebrated it with me by doing a variety of things....we went out to breakfast (my choice: McDonald's playland); we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo; we played outside with my sand/water table; we had dinner out; and we rounded out the evening with some pink cupcakes!

Although I started the day thinking it was my UN-birthday--like Alice in Wonderland--I really think it was just a fantastic day!


Being a smiler-cat!


Exploring a batcave


on a BIG hippo


and on a baby hippo!


I really liked the vegetable garden part of the Farm in the Zoo!




Jumper-cat!


Driving a tractor with my Daddy



Doing a feeding thing with Daddy...


...and trying it on my own


Looking at a baby chick. Oddly, there was only one in the cage.



Okay here is the duck story. There was this duck sleeping on the lawn. I wanted him to wake up and look at me. I kept quacking at him and saying here ducky ducky. You're not supposed to feed the ducks so I could not offer him food to get his attention, even though he was just a plain mallard duck. He just opened one eye only but he would not look at me at all. I was angry with him. I told Mama so. Mama even tried to get him to look over at him. We even sang the song "Five Little Ducks" to him. He still would not look at me. Mama explained that he was probably very tired and needed his nap, but I was still pretty mad at him.


Here I am looking at the outdoor enclosure of the big apes.


A random picture of me.


Mama and me....you can see two chimps grooming themselves in the background.


Another shot of Mama, me, and the chimps.



This was the very first time EVER that I was not scared of the great apes.
Yay for me!



I'm a zoo member!


Check out my cool hat!



My cupcake....



which I ate.....


in my usual fashion....


with gusto!

No comments: