Wednesday, May 06, 2009

At the kite festival

On Saturday, Mama, Daddy, and I all went to the Kids and Kites Festival held at Montrose Harbor by Lake Michigan....I wanted to go to the beach, but it was too cold!


There were supposed to be free kites for all the kids, but when we got there, they were all out....however, my Mommy is wily and found one that someone had 'broken' and discarded, so we picked it up, fixed it up, redecorated it, and had our very own brand new kite!!!!
(Actually, we found two kites, so we had one to give to another family who needed one...no wastefulness here!)


Here is Daddy and me climbing the hill with the other kiters...
or is its kitists?

You can kind-of see our kite....it's the little white one with the colored streamers.



This one person had a HUGE kite with a super-long black and white tail



Here it is coming in for a landing....on ME!


Flying my kite....or at least trying to




In this picture you can see the streamers on my kite and the tail on that other kite


People were flying all sorts of kites....
one man near us had this really cool dragon!


Someone had this awesome purple and green turtle kite!


Another shot of the turtle kite when it got tangled with someone's rainbow kite



It was super-windy, so the kites were way high up in the air....
check out the box one next to the turtle.



Some video of my kite and the others.



Here is Daddy and me with our kite (unseen) up in the air!


This is how it's done!




Mommy got her favorite ice cream from a vendor....arroz....it tastes like rice pudding!


Eating 'my' arroz ice cream pop....I stole it from Mommy!



Toward the end, I gave up and made Daddy fly the kite by himself.....



......and instead had great fun tangling up the string all around his legs!



After it was all over, Mama remembered that we never once sang the song "Let's Go Fly a Kite" from Mary Poppins......oh well. It probably would have just driven Daddy nuts!

No comments: