Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Claudia and Marcus' wedding ceremony

On Sunday, Mama and I went to a wedding blessing ceremony for Claudia and Marcus.

Claudia is one of Mama's oldest and best friends....she has known her since they were both 15....that's eighteen years of friendship--more than half her life! Like Mama, I have known Claudia most of my life....she even came to see me in the hospital when I was born!

Well...here are the details....Claudia actually got married on Easter Sunday in St. Thomas, just like she always wanted and said she would do....just go away and get married. But at least she told people ahead of time so they could prepare and have some parties for her! Her original plan was to just go away and come back and say 'I done got married,' but thankfully, she let us do a little celebrating for her!

Well, we are all just so happy for her and thrilled to say congratulations to the new couple,
Claudia and Marcus!



The couple at the altar


Being 'bound' together


The vows (part 1)


The vows (part 2)


The choir singing

Video of the choir




After church, there was a big reception and celebration with food and cake....I kept thinking it was Claudia's birthday! Mama took a bunch of pictures, and I am just going to present them in random order, since I don't really know everyone who was at the party. I do want to mention, though, that Marcus showed everyone the pictures from the St. Thomas ceremony and Mama said that they were just beautiful and that she has never seen a groom that was so proud and eager to show off his wedding pictures and that made her so happy.

It sure was a fun day and a great party. Here they are:



Boppy and Lauren


You think Lauren is blowing the balloon....but she's just fooling you!



Shirley with Vanessa and Nancy


Becca with Teddy and me near the end...could you tell I was getting tired?
(BTW, I got to wear my princess dress. Yay!)



Daja and one of the cakes!



Trinity, Samantha, and her sister whose name I did not catch (sorry!)


Aren't they cute?


Taking a sip of punch


One of the cakes



Auntie Fran (Claudia's Mom, in the back), with Aunt Lovetta (on the left),
and Jan Boudart (on the right)


Sister Bridget giving Claudia her ceremonial broom


Claudia and friends


Karen and Stacey.....they are friends of Claudia's from nursery school!


Nancy (or is it Vanessa?) with the fancy cake...
does that make her Fancy Nancy?






PS....Marcus' mother made this cake. Yes, she made it herself.
She decorated it too! Mama could not get enough of it, especially the icing.
However, she could not bring any home because it had almond in it.



Claudia with Heather and her friend


This boy was so unhappy at first but he was so cute!


Becca with Lauren and Teddy....isn't Lauren pretty even with her angry face?



Sister Renee and me waiting for the food!


Another shot!


The only shot we got of Claudia and Boppy


This was funny....it was the group shot at the end of the party that kept growing....

and growing....

...and growing


and growing still...


until everyone just could not take it anymore!
Except Trinity on the right....who smiled the whole way through!


I was so tired after the party that when I got in the car, I fell asleep within four blocks....
yep, that's four whole city blocks, or one half mile.


In any case, congratulations and all our love to Claudia and Marcus!

No comments: